Lumbar Rotation Syndrome
- Degenerative Disk Disease
- Spinal Instability
- Facet Syndrome
Transient low back pain that occurs with changes in position and difficulty tolerating prolonged sitting.
- Asymmetry during forward bending and return from forward bending.
- Pelvic rotation during supine heel slides and bent knee fall outs.
- Pelvic rotation noted during prone knee flexion and hip rotation.
- Asymmetry noted during quadruped rocking and shoulder flexion.
- Pelvic rotation during seated knee extension.
Decrease excessive rotation of the spine and try to distribute to other parts of the spine and to the hips.
Improve hip abductor mobility while stabilizing the lumbar spine with the abdominals.
Activate and strengthen the oblique abdominals to resist trunk rotation.
Dissociate hip from lumbar motions.