Common Medical Diagnoses:
- Stress fracture (or history of one)
- peroneal / fibularis muscle strain
During weight bearing, the ankle stays in a rigid or supinated posture rather than absorbing shock naturally as it should.
- Adjust shoewear to a cushioned type of shoe.
- Attempt to soften landing through the foot, knee, and hip.
- Address any weakness problems with foot and ankle muscles or shortness issues with foot and ankle muscles – usually gastrocnemius and soleus tightness.
- Improve joint mobility to allow for normal pronation.